Friday, September 21, 2012

How could a 1948 cartoon be so relevant today?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=u6H63CD7uQA

The above link is of a cartoon created in 1948.  Today might be the only time you see me blog about something and put a political label on it, as you might recall from my blog a few weeks ago.

In today's society, it is hard not to get caught up in the politics of the world.  The Democrats hate this and the Republicans hate that.  The political speechs are about on my last nerve.  So, I must say, when I saw this cartoon, I was plesantly reminded of the way our country was built.  Yes, a cartoon.  Maybe this cartoon is saying that I have the mind of a child, or maybe it is saying, that as adults, we have complicated things to much.  Either way, it is very relevant to the world today.

This cartoon was made in 1948!!!!  It is scary to see how far we have come in such a short period of time.  It is horrifying that in just 60 years, how quickly we have been led astray.  I especially like the speech by the character, John Q. Public.  It is a reminder that, yes, we live in a capitalistic society, and, believe it or not, it is not perfect.  But even though it is not perfect, we are still one of the most successful countries in the world.

This might be my only venture in anything real political, but I am not sure a definition of what a Capitalistic society is, is either Democrat or Republicain.  We cannot drink any magic elixer or potion to cure all of our woes.  We must work hard, have faith, and treat each other with respect.

I hope you enjoy.

Disclaimer:  This is the first video I have ever posted to a blog.  I did it without the help of the person that not only encouraged me to blog, but help set me up.  He taught me to post pictures, but videos, not so much.  So, if you click the link and a video does not start playing, so sorry.  Try coping cutting and pasting into your browser.  If that does not work, go to YouTube and search "Make Mine Freedom Cartoon." 

No comments:

Post a Comment